Weather: Overcast turning to rain! The first proper rain we've had since I got here. Not an exaggeration, all other rain has been thunderstorms were a lot falls very quickly and runs off. This was a nice steady rain.
First off I watered the Fuchsia baskets. I mentioned to Karl that NZ has both the largest and the smallest Fuchsia (Fuchsia exorticata and Fuchsia procumbens), he was a tad surprised.
After that I helped out Lori and Jess in the east conservatory. They had just pulled some bedding out and we replanted with some Salvia 'Cobalt Blue' (species unknown). Planting here is much the same as in NZ, planting in a brick pattern fashion. We spaced them quite wide (approx two feet) as they were large.
At lunch time the high school interns gave their 'brown bag' presentation on their experience at Longwood. They're a good group of kids, with one or two real characters. It seems like they learnt a lot and it was a valuable experience, so definitely worthwhile.
After work I bottled my beer with the help of David Mattern and John. Its the first time any of us have brewed and there is a lot of unknowns, and questions. Only the beer will let us know if we've done anything wrong. everything went well for the most part, apart from miscalculating the number of bottles and having to go for a scavenge! And the siphoner drawing air into the pipe... Not sure what that will do, oxidisation?
No comments:
Post a Comment