Weather: Overcast, High of 87oF
Work: For the entire morning I mulched around some trees on oak knoll with Nicole. We mulched the rings around a Tsuga seiboldii (Japanese Tsuga) and some Japanese cherries that are further east. The cherries are beautiful trees and are L numbered on their tags, which means they were here prior to Mr DuPonts death in 1957. I look forward to seeing them in the spring.
In the afternoon I watered some Pachysandra terminalis that were planted about a month ago underneath the Sycamore avenue that surrounds the main fountain garden. Whilst P. terminalis is a hardy ground cover that will take dry shade, some supplemental water is needed to help it establish, especially in the areas where it receives too much sun.
Interesting note of the day. The 'Sycamore' avenue is a avenue of Norway Maples, Acer psudoplantanus. I call them sycamores, but here sycamore is the common name of Plane trees, Platanus sp. A perfect example of how common names can lead to confusion.
No comments:
Post a Comment