OK, I realise I havent posted at all this week. But, well, thats because quite simply Ive being doing that same thing every day... Christmas planter boxes.. Yikes. But today by lunchtime we (me and Barritt) finished. It was a big job and It was mostly just me and Barritt. Once the boxes were filled with Douglas fir greenery we filled them in with Juniper branches, yellow Chamaecyparis, Winterberry holly (Ilex verticillata) and Red Twig Dogwood (Cornus sericea). They look really good and, dare I say it, festive. We made 106 in total and they will be placed in a various locations around the gardens, with the bulk of them being outside the conservatory.
After lunch Sara and I went over to the Kapf barn to start bringing over Christmas tree ornaments for the trees that Alan will be in charge of. Christmas changeover is this Sunday! Everyone in the gardens is very busy making final preparations.
No comments:
Post a Comment