So, today I started back in indoor display. And well, I'm going to try to keep up to date on these blogs! I was actually meant to be working with the arborists this month. But well, I wanted to come back indoors as I wanted to work with both Joyce (who looks after the palm house, cascade garden and tropical terrace) and Marie (who looks after the orchids). Orchid extravaganza is going on at the moment with orchids scattered throughout the conservatories. Both Joyce and Marie are very knowledgeable (Marie is super passionate about orchids) and I'm looking forward to working with them and asking them questions.
But this week at least I am working with Karls team. Though today, it was with Andrew Hemme. I have worked with Andrew before and really enjoyed it. He looks after the fruit houses and the childrens garden. Working with Andrew is always interesting because he has a very good plant knowledge and keeps me on my feet asking questions.Today's main project was replacing a bunch of daffodils in both the childrens garden and the fruit house containers. The fruit house containers looked good when finished as we also used some pussy willow canes in the larger containers and a Viola variety in the smaller containers. The childrens garden daffodils are planted with a bright blue hydangea, very cheerful. I am unsure of the cultivars we planted but will try to find out tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment